Installation and Setup
1. On your Android Home screen, tap the Applications Button and then go to Settings icon.
2. Under the Accounts section tap on Add account.
Note: After you have performed the installation process and your Zimbra account is installed, it will display on this screen and you can edit the account from here.
3. Depending on your version of Android and device, you may see either Corporate, Exchange Active Sync or just Email as the options to select from. If available, select Exchange Activesync.
4. Enter your Email address and Password to add an account:
Email address. This is your company email address, for example email@example.com.
Password. This is your Zimbra password, which is the same one used for the Zimbra Web Client.
If there is an option for server, enter zimbra.protectedservice.net
Select Exchange from the type of account
5. Enter server settings.
- Username. This is your company’s email account. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Password. This is your the password that you use for login in the Zimbra Web Client.
- Server. This is your Zimbra server. i.e. zimbra.protectedservice.net
- Use SSL. You need to select the option to use SSL
- Port. 443
- Client Certificate. Leave this as none
6. Configure your email account options.
- Inbox checking frequency
- Data to synchronize
- Notify me when email arrives
- Sync contacts from this account
- Sync calendar form this account
- Sync email form this account
- Automatically download attachments when connected to Wi-Fi
7. Your account set up is complete. You can optionally give this account a name. Click Done.
8. After your account is completely set up, you can access your mail on the Android Home screen using the Email icon. Note: This is the default mail icon.